“I’m committed to helping people explore the roots of their conflict to incorporate their own unique insights toward a mutually agreeable resolution.”
- Class Action
- Sexual Harassment
- Title VII
- Wage & Hour
- Wrongful Termination
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- L.L.M, Pepperdine University School of Law
- B.A. Macalester College
Jonathan D. Andrews became a mediator because he believes in the process of resolution, and he believes he can make it better for everyone. As a strong advocate with an authentic presence, Mr. Andrews provides value for all sides with his empathy, experience, creativity, and tenacity for resolution.
Mr. Andrews received his L.L.M in Dispute Resolution with a concentration in mediation from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law—one of the world’s leading educational programs in the field of dispute resolution. The combination of his L.L.M, 24 years of trial experience, entrepreneurial spirit of running a firm, and subject matter expertise proves his undeniable track record and commitment to mediation.
Jonathan D. Andrews is a Partner at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo advising and representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. Mr. Andrews represents clients in state and federal court as well as matters before administrative agencies, such as the California Labor Commissioner, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Prior to that, Mr. Andrews was a Founding Partner at Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell LLP, Partner at Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP, and Associate at Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison.
Mr. Andrews’ peers have consistently selected him as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in San Diego and voted to include him on the lists of San Diego Super Lawyers in the area of labor and employment from 2009 through 2021. Mr. Andrews has also been named a Top Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript in the area of labor and employment law. Previously, Mr. Andrews has been named to San Diego’s 40 under 40 honor roll by the San Diego Metro Magazine.
Mr. Andrews was also selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Employment Law—Management in 2016-2021.
- Partner, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo (2020–Present)
- Founding Partner, Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell LLP (2007–2020)
- Partner, Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP (2003–2007)
- Associate, Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison (1998–2002)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law – Management (2016–2023)
- Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Labor and Employment (2016–2023)
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Area of Labor and Employment (2009 – 2022)
- Top 50 Lawyers in San Diego, Super Lawyers®
- Top Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript, Area of Labor and Employment Law
- 40 under 40, San Diego Metro Magazine
- This prestigious award recognizes the business accomplishments and community contributions of San Diego’s brightest young business professionals, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders, all of whom are under 40 years of age
- Recipient of Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Award for services performed for the San Diego Legal Aid Society